Saturday, April 28, 2007

Episode XVIII: Stress

Today I do not have the heart to write about anything exciting, because I am in the middle of a nervous waiting period to see if I will be admitted into the lab I want to join. The problem is, one of my buddies wants to join the same lab that I do, and it is unclear whether or not the professor will accept two new students. We have both talked to the professor this week, and the due-date for lab choice is this coming Friday, so I should know my fate within a week.

Wipers

Okay, I guess I can muster one fairly exciting story:

I was driving down the highway from the Lawrence area to the Topeka area when out of nowhere, a massive rainstorm hit, pounding the windshield and making it difficult to see. For a brief moment hail started to fall, and then suddenly, my windshield-wiper blade just flew off. Of course it just had to be the wiper that covered the driver’s side, so I had to drive in the pouring rain, on the highway, leaning over my passenger just so I could see out the windshield. Fortunately the pouring rain only lasted for about five more minutes; nevertheless, I rate this to be the fourth most stressful driving experience I have experienced to date.





2 comments:

razjericho said...

Alright, I know the 'comments' option disappeared for a while, but I spent like a half an hour going through troubleshooting posts, and I finally fixed it. Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Yo Adam!

Wow...sorry about your car. At least it didn't hurt anyone [at least that we know of :) ] Good luck with the lab thing. What happens if he only accepts one?

Btw, I entered in a competition with my friend in hopes of getting gold. Because gold get to go to national and nationals is located in...bum bum BUM! Kansas City! [Not so far from Lawrence but meh]. We got silver though. Oh well, maybe some other time!

*hugs* Good luck!
~Anime Amy