Saturday, December 23, 2006

Episode X: Going Home

This is just a quick post to let everyone know that I am currently safe and sound in sunny Southern California. I arrived Thursday, December 14, at around 8:00 pm. Here are a few scenes from the road:


Miles and miles of flat land....

Followed by more miles and miles of flat land...

And more flat land...

Interrupted by an occasional mound, slope, hill or mountain.

The journey lasted a total of fifty-two and one-half hours, including a one day stop in Albuquerque (with a tram ride to the top of Sandia Peak) and a half-day stop at Petrified Forest National Park.

























"Sunny Brae"

Prior to my trip I went to the local AAA office in Lawrence and had them print out a deluxe, detailed map of the exact route I was planning to take. I told the lady that my destination was sunny Brea, California (as it was snowing at the time in Lawrence), and she asked me if the name of the city was "Brea" or "Sunny Brea". I told her that it was Brea, and spelled it out for her. So I get my map and find that it has me traveling from Lawrence, Kansas, to Sunny Brae, California. As it turns out, Sunny Brae is a small town near Eureka in Humboldt County (see map below). Needless to say, I did not get much use out of the AAA map.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adam, Having been through Sunny Brae, I believe that you made the right choice. It is much too rainy and cold this time of year. And on top of that it has a rather high percentage of strange looking people.