Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Episode XV: Radio

This is a special, four-day-early edition of the Ballade, consisting of A Special Message.

Now it is ironic that I planned on posting about the Lawrence music scene this weekend, because that regularly-scheduled post is being postponed by an update on my own personal music interests:

On The Radio

One of my all-time goals has been to have a song of mine played on FM radio, and just last week I accomplished this goal at the ripe young age of 23 (although it was sort of cheating). I have been listening to the radio program called ‘Whadyaknow?’, distributed by NPR, and a month ago they started their own version of American Idol. It is a fairly oddball kind of radio show, so I submitted a fairly oddball song of mine. Then about a week later, I was informed by someone at church that my song had been played on the show! Score!

Now the reason that this post is early is because you all have a small window of opportunity to listen to my song, vote for it via email, and who knows, maybe it will make it to the final round? I hope that the deadline has not yet passed, but I am quite sure that voting will be over by Friday at the latest.

You can listen to the MP3 by clicking here (it should work now, just click on the box: whadyaknow). Then you can vote for the song by emailing whadyaknow@wpr.org and voting for me: Adam Norris, #3- Old Tippecanoe. How simple! In fact, you don’t even have to listen to the song, if you wish.

I will not make the boast that my song was the best, but I will say that to my unbiased ears, I won on the applause-ometer front. If you want to listen to the whole show, I think it is still on the website at notmuch.com.

Now sure, it would be great fun to go to the final round- if I win I get flown to the studio and get to play live- but the real reward has already been registered: my song has been played on national radio! Even if it was kind of cheating.



If for any reason the MP3 link doesn't work, and you actually want to hear the song, shoot me an email at razjericho@yahoo.com and I will send it pronto.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have plenty of bandwidth if you'd like me to post it on my website and you can link to it. I wasn't able to download or stream it.

But congratulations for this fine accomplishment!

razjericho said...

Hey Kevin, that would be sweet.

If you can not listen, you can also shoot me an email and I will send it to you.

Sorry about the bandwidth problem.

razjericho said...

Alright, so I have it posted on a new site that should have plenty of bandwidth. I can't believe I tried to post it on Geocities, which has like 4MB per hour limit.

Please do email me if this still doesn't work, and I can send you your own personal copy.

Thanks y'all.

Diane said...

Hey Adam...great song! We all loved it and we all voted for you. I want the whole president CD when you're finished with it, ok?

Anonymous said...

you look amazingly boring and sophisticated in that picture. congratulations! you could send me the cd too, i guess. congratulations on cheatingly getting on the radio. that's just one step on your way to extreme fame and fortune.

Anonymous said...

So I'm wondering...did you win the competition?