Sunday, March 28, 2010

Episode LXXVIII: Most Boring Spring Break Ever

It’s official: this Spring Break was my most boring Spring Break ever. I did nothing, I went nowhere. I didn’t even celebrate St. Patrick’s day. I did plan to take a roadtrip on Saturday, but it snowed around 4 inches so I canceled that. Then the Jayhawks lost in possibly their biggest upset ever. Then the next day the “Healthcare Bill” passed, meaning I will be forced to purchase health insurance or pay a “fee” of nearly $700. So, you could say that my Spring Break was not cool (although my mom and grandma probably appreciate the mandatory health insurance part.)


However, I did have a few good times locally. First, my band played a show in Topeka, where I saw a sign saying “Home of the 3 Pound Burger.” Upon further inquiry, it turned out that yes, that was 3 pounds of beef. So of course, I ordered one. (To share with Rafael.)


And what comes as a side dish to the 3 pound burger?


My sister was out in the Midwest, and I had a chance to see her for awhile, and to see her bling-ring as well.


On the day it snowed, I attempted to make lemonade out of frozen lemons, and went to the local pool to relax in the hot-tub for awhile. That’s right, my body was in 100-degree water while snow was falling on my face! It was quite a pleasure.


Maybe you can tell in this picture, my hair and face are covered with little icicles.


Finally, I became a plumber extraordinaire. You see I’ve had a kitchen faucet that’s had a leak in it for a few months. When I first set out to fix it a month or two ago, it took me an hour to figure out where my water shutoff was, after which I had to stop to go watch the Superbowl. The second time I managed to remove the appropriate brass nuts (while getting all sorts of debris and dust in my eyes) only to realize that I needed a special basin wrench (?!) to fully remove the faucet. Finally, over Spring Break, I finished the work.



After only a small leak…


…I can now consider myself a master plumber.

1 comment:

Rafa said...

the best plumber and cheapest plumber I've ever had! I recommend!