Saturday, May 12, 2007

Episode XIX: Lab

Hooray! I made it into the lab that I wanted, as did my buddy who was trying to get into the same lab, so we are both pretty happy about that. There was not too much time to celebrate, however, for we have already begun working hard (or at least sort of hard) in lab.


Here is a quick look at the major members of the Lundquist lab (I stole the pictures off of the web):

And the new additions:

So my organism of study is C. elegans, a tiny, nearly-microscopic worm that is see-through, but we usually add various genes to our strains that make certain neurons fluorescent. Here is a typical picture.

In other news, next week is finals week for us, and after that I believe I will be completely done taking required college courses for the rest of my life. From here on out it is mostly just research and weekly seminars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff. Congrats on the lab and pending final finals.