Saturday, November 24, 2007

Episode XXXIII: Sports & Recreation

First of all, thanks to all who participated in the inaugural Epic Ballade poll, and shame on all who did not. I was surprised that the vast majority of responders said “Hard Work” was the decisive factor in my improved sleep. Interesting- I would not have picked that myself as a first choice. Of course The Truth is not decided by democracy, but the poll was interesting and instructive nonetheless.


Sports

It is a good year to be a Jayhawk, or at the least a Jayhawk fan. The always-stellar basketball team is currently ranked #4 early in the season, and the football team, until today, was ranked #2 in the nation. Even after today’s (close) loss to #4 Missouri, our football team has far exceeded our wildest expectations, getting off to the best start in their nearly 150-year history. As a sign at today’s game read: “KU football: A tradition since September”.

Recreation

As I write these very words, I am in the town of Dallas, Texas. I decided to take a little trip over the Thanksgiving holiday, and by a sort of a luck-of-the-draw, Dallas/Fort Worth was the chosen destination. I have already had quite a few adventures, and plan on sticking around for another day. For now, I will leave you with a photo from my Thanksgiving Meal that I had in Texas. It is an IHOP breakfast featuring Pumpkin Pancakes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that meal looked really good. i like IHOP. hopefully it was good enough to make you forget that there was no one there to enjoy it with. (: at least you plan on coming out for christmas. i watched the football game, "terrible defense" is all i have to say.

razjericho said...

The defense wasn't good, but not terrible; MU has one good offense. I would more say "missed field goals" and "interception in the endzone".

Anonymous said...

hey! we went to ihop this morning, and i almost got those pancakes!

Anonymous said...

When are you going to reveal the answer to your poll????

razjericho said...

Well I put the basic result of the poll at the beginning of the post. If you want the graphic, send me an email at razjericho@yahoo.com