Monday, December 21, 2009

Episode LXXIII: Games & Fun

Rafael and I went to St. Louis last weekend to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra play, and yes they do put on quite a spectacle. Also, while we were there, we went to this place called The City Museum (although I am almost certain it is a completely private enterprise). Basically it is nine stories worth of caves, tunnels, ladders, slides, chutes, mazes and tubes for you to walk, climb and slide through. It was the most fun I've had being a kid since Kindergarten!





They even had a human-sized hamster wheel to run on.


I wound up with minor scrapes and bruises on my shins, knees and hips, plus a button on my shirt got ripped off. Which means it must have been a good time.



Also, guess what? My sister is in town! And she even graced me with her lovely presence. Here we are watching Avatar in 3D. Those glasses worked like a charm. It was like I could touch her!


California folks: hope to see you all soon. In fact, I am at the Kansas City airport as I write up this post. Everyone else: Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc. etc. See you in the next decade.

2 comments:

Grace said...

City museum is totally a private enterprise. How much was admission this time? When I went 8? years ago it was almost 7 dollars! (a lot for a poor college kid) I'm glad St. Louis showed you and Rafael a good time. Have fun in your home state. We look forward to getting you back.

razjericho said...

12 bucks! Though after 5 pm it's only 10.

And it turns out, the technician in our lab's dad was one of the original architects for the museum.