Saturday, February 07, 2009

Episode LVIII: A Happy Birthday

My apologies for falling off my routine of regularly posted updates, I guess I’ve been a bit distracted. Well this time I will tell you about a nice birthday that I had about three weekends ago. It was my lucky day because I was turning 25, it was a Saturday, and it was warm (in the sixties)!


First, a few friends and I went over to Kansas City for a couple of things. The first was an early lunch at Andre’s, a Swiss confectionery and restaurant (serving lunch only). It was a very nice place in terms of service, ambiance, food and charm. By the time I blew out my candles and enjoyed the desserts, there was probably a 30-person line waiting to be seated.



Next we went a few blocks over to the Nelson-Atkins Museum, a really nice place with a world-class collection. The main reason we went was to see a new “modern” building that had recently been added to house the modern-art collection. It was pretty cool.




Speaking of cool, the sun that day was not enough to melt the solid ice of the reflecting pool outside. As seen here, I was able to walk halfway across the pool (walking on [frozen] water!) before a security guard came and kicked me off.


Later on, back in Lawrence, I opened presents from family and friends (of which there were quite a few!) and ate some birthday cake. It was a nice time.



Later on I also went out to eat with some friends at a Mongolian / Chinese / Japanese buffet, where I got to show off my presents and have a good time. It was a very pleasant birthday.










6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!! It sounds like you had a fabulous day.

Anonymous said...

those are most likely the most hip cool and trendy glasses ever, which go right along with the belt buckle. glad you enjoyed yourself. see you in a bit.
KYLE

razjericho said...

Oh that reminds me, I'll see all you California folks this weekend (hopefully)!

Anonymous said...

Coolness. What's the best method for washing the straw glasses?

razjericho said...

I suppose you drink lots and lots of soapy water

Anonymous said...

i hope that's not the best method for cleaning those glasses! or at least, have someone else do it! drinking soapy water is bad news...guaranteed to make you run for the restroom! (and no, this has not happened to me)