Monday, August 06, 2007

Episode XXV: A Family Visit

I have been privileged to have my family visiting here in the Midwest these last two weeks. They spent two days staying with me in Lawrence, and two weeks staying with distant relatives and church friends in Kansas City.


Many good times were had by all. Some of the recurring themes for me:

Frisbee. I played quite a bit of Frisbee, including Frisbee in the rain, Frisbee on a tower, Frisbee in a KU fountain, and at least five rounds of Frisbee-golf.


Driving. I worked full-time while my family was out here, and when I wasn’t working, I was in Kansas City with the family and/or attending the two-week-long-meeting along with them. This entailed a great deal of driving back and forth, as well as some rather odd work-hours.

Heat & Humidity. Working in a lab that is about sixty degrees all day every day, it is easy to forget how much H&H there can be here in the Midwest. However, I was consistently reminded of this fact every time I would get into the steaming car to drive from Lawrence to Kansas City.

BBQ. I really didn’t eat that much BBQ, but it seemed like a good thing to write about after being in Kansas City for a couple of weeks. I probably had four meals’ worth of BBQ, and there was some very, very delicious food to be had. So now I can say that there is at least one thing that I like about Missouri.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look so cute when i'm sleeping. luckily you didn't have the flash on like when carol did it (: Thanks for letting us trash your place and leave your door open. The dodgers did pretty bad while we were gone (if you didn't already know).
KYLE

Anonymous said...

I glanced at the first pic and thought "...The guy laying on the ground...that can't be Adam...IT IS ADAM" XD So you. Glad you guys had fun though! We should go visit next!! *plotting diabolical things*
KYLE! You're growing your hair out again! How long this time?